Want to order one...

All orders will go through my Etsy shop. For custom items I'll create a special listing with your name on it.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :) To contact me about a purse please send me a message through my Etsy shop, or 2011 Books With Bite (on FB).

blank

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -


Thursday, January 2, 2014

Review: City of Bones (Mortal Instruments #1) Cassandra Clare

City of Bones
The Mortal Instruments 
book 1
Cassandra Clare

Young Adult Paranormal, Fantasy




When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing―not even a smear of blood―to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...


Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.



Review:

Everyone kept telling me I'd really enjoy this series, but the blurbs never really did it for me. I eventually bought the first 3 books at a used book store for a few dollars and then they sat on my shelf for over a year because there was always something else I should read first...

When the movie came out on DVD we rented it, the TV hadn't been off 10 minutes and I'd already grabbed the book off the shelf and started reading it.

As always, the book was WAY better than the movie. I love that Clary's life goes from normal to supernatural but nothing changes.. except for her. (As Jace points out) While we bare with Clary adjusting to her new lifestyle, Jace is happy to occupy our attention with his sarcasm and wit. He's the perfect kind of jerk, I mean guy. ;) I'm a sucker for the bad boy.

The story is filled with twists and turns, suspense and sarcasm! The ending completely shocked me, and I cannot wait to read the next book!



Check out my reviews for the rest of the series:

No comments:

Post a Comment