Want to order one...

All orders will go through my Etsy shop. For custom items I'll create a special listing with your name on it.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :) To contact me about a purse please send me a message through my Etsy shop, or 2011 Books With Bite (on FB).

blank

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -


Sunday, August 3, 2014

Review: Release Me, Stark Trilogy #1, J. Kenner

Release Me
Stark Trilogy
book 1
J. Kenner

Erotic Romance



For fans of Fifty Shades of Grey and Bared to You comes an erotic, emotionally charged romance between a powerful man who’s never heard “no” and a fiery woman who says “yes” on her own terms.

He was the one man I couldn’t avoid. And the one man I couldn’t resist.

Damien Stark could have his way with any woman. He was sexy, confident, and commanding: Anything he wanted, he got. And what he wanted was me.

Our attraction was unmistakable, almost beyond control, but as much as I ached to be his, I feared the pressures of his demands. Submitting to Damien meant I had to bare the darkest truth about my past—and risk breaking us apart.

But Damien was haunted, too. And as our passion came to obsess us both, his secrets threatened to destroy him—and us—forever.

Release Me is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.



Review

 Okay, it starts off with 'For fans of Fifty Shades of Grey and Bared to You' and that should have been my first clue. I thought perhaps with the high ratings (averaging 4+ stars) it would at least be unique... 

We are presented with a super sexy billionaire, Damien Stark; with his troubled past continually coming back to haunt him, he has a team of lawyers to keep his skeletons in the closet. 

Damien sets his sights on Nikki Fairchild, a perfectly gorgeous former beauty queen from Texas, or is she? Nikki is battling her own demons from the past, most notable is her controlling mother, the death of her older sister, and the resulting mental problems that caused. 

Sound familiar? No... what about this. 
Damien is described as dangerous, emotionally damaged, brooding, Dominant, extremely private, anger issues,  and is never seen photographed with the same woman twice. 

Nikki is emotionally damaged, sharing a place with her best friend, weak and yet strong... shes loyal to her friends but doesn't want help for herself, is extremely inexperienced sexually. 

It starts off really slow, the first few chapters are simply setting up the plot of the story and nothing really happens. We basically are just given back stories to the characters, how they ended up in LA, and how they all connect to each other.

For an erotic romance it could have used more erotic scenes. There was a hint of bdsm, but it lasted a page or two and consisted of a blindfold and bound hands that were gone before the actual intercourse starts.. If your after a decent story with a couple of quick sexual encounters then this is the book for you. This is more story than sex - perhaps it gets better in the next book. I was at the tipping point most of the book, but the last few pages pushed me over and there was just enough pull to read the second one and see what happens. 

 I'd give this 3.5 stars. 



No comments:

Post a Comment