Want to order one...

All orders will go through my Etsy shop. For custom items I'll create a special listing with your name on it.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :) To contact me about a purse please send me a message through my Etsy shop, or 2011 Books With Bite (on FB).

blank

- ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -


Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Review: Night Betrayed (envy Chronicles #4) Colleen Gleason

Night Betrayed
Envy Chronicles
Book 4
Colleen Gleason

Post Apocalyptic



The Change that devastated the earth made Theo Waxnicki something more than human-eternally young and beautiful...but not immortal. 

When he dies on a mission against the Strangers, he is lost to the darkness...until a miraculous healer brings him back.

Born as the world fell to ruins, Selena has dedicated her life to easing others' pain. Her tender touch awakens new life in Theo-and new desire. 


But joined together in a world of terrors, the lovers' secret pasts make them vulnerable to danger. And love is the deadliest trap of all.


Review:

BEST BOOK IN THE SERIES SO FAR!

I loved this book. In book four, we learn how the smaller communities outside of Envy live, and it focuses our attentions on Theo. There is very little mention of the other main characters in the series until the last few chapters.

At the end of book 3 Theo was shot and then his body disappeared when his friend went to get help. He turns up at the house of the infamous death lady, but instead of helping him to the other side, she miraculously cures him. He finds her intriguing and after discovering a room full of computers upstairs he decides to stick around for a while.

This book is comical at times and I found myself laughing out loud more than once. With references to things from before the change (farmville, disney, geocaching, and the princess bride!), which is actually now, I find it interesting to think what it will be like 50 years from now when I look back on my life.

The few mentions of Waywren, the character from Colleen's Gardella Vampire Chronicles, was awesome! I wasn't expecting that, but I love that most of her work connects in some way or another. Waywren is truly magical it seems, as she appears in Regency London and again in 2060'ish.

I'm really enjoying this series and can't wait to start the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment